Everyone who has had the same results from this company needs to immediately contact the State Attorney Generals office, the Inspector Generals office for the Internal Revenue Service, the Federal Trade Commission and lodge complaints with all of them against TaxMasters.

No business in the United States of America should be allowed to do business like this. It is plain thievery and they are using loop-holes in the law with an unregulated business to steal money from the consumer.

If enough people lodge complaints with the above our Government will have no choice but to take action and hopefully incarcerate their principles and recover the monies we are all owed.

To keep up-to-date on the ongoing complaints registered with the Better Business Bureau please follow this link;

To report them (and you really do need to report them)

IRS IG office; 800-366-4484 complaints@tigta.treas.gov

Texas State Attorney Generals office; Office of Consumer Protection, www.oag.state.tx.us

Federal Trade Commission; https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Comments

Satisfaction. That is the only way to describe my feelings about TaxMasters.

I remember panic when I discovered, within days of tendering payment, that they were frauds. I clearly recall the arguments made by these crooks, to both the merchant bank and to the BBB, illed with lies about me and blaming me for their frauds. I remember when I told Fat ***, through his appointed conspirators, that I would see him in an orange jump-tent, handcuffed, doing the perp waddle to a dank jail cell... broke and broken, like he left me.

While the Fat *** might still be free, he will lose most of his ill-gotten gains. He already has lost any credibility, and he will never gain that back again. He will lose what remains of his money. I expect that, one day soon, he will get his orange jump-tent (like a jumpsuit, only f-a-t-t-e-r), and his dank cell.

It's coming, Fat... er, I mean Pat. Your dank cell in a Federal "pound-you-in-the-***" prison is coming. It's only a matter of time, Fat. I have plenty of time. Your time is running out. Tick tock, tick tock, Pat. Hope you like long drives up the ol' dirt road, if'n you get my drift. I know that your cellie WILL. :grin

we lost over 5000 to taxmasters and got Nothing! still owe IRS over 20000

Folks, the Texas Attorney General's office only knows who they have to pay from the complaints received by their office....

If you did not lodge a consumer complaint against tm with the Texas Attorney General - the odds are that unless you file a complaint with the bankruptcy court - you will not be repaid what you lost....

All of clients taxmasters ripped off should be refunded first out of their bankrupcy first!

AFTER CONTACTING TAX MASTERS JUNE 2010 BEING TOLD AND PROMISED THEY COULD ACTUALLY HELP RESOLVE MY PRIOR YEAR'S TAX TROUBLES AND PAYING THEM 5150.00 DOLLAR'S . I REALIZED THEY DIDNT EVEN FILE FOR ALL OF THE YEARS I NEEDED TO HAVE DONE.

YES I AM NOW DEALING DIRECTLEY WITH THE IRS..TAX MASTERS I HOPE IS PUNSISHED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW!! LIARS AND THIEFS IS WHAT THEY ARE....FROM THE HARD WORKING CLASS OF AMERICANS!!!

:( ;) :grin :? :( :sigh :p

We won!!

The court judged against tm, 195 million!

:zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz

tm filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy the day before Court began - the Judge said NO, and the trial proceeded.

The Texas AG made the public statement he was going to personally oversee this bankruptcy to insure all of us defrauded by them were paid first before anything else was paid in their bankruptcy....

This has been an experience for me and I am satisfied by the Court's findings and penalties... It figures though; that these skunks would try to get out of it by filing bankruptcy....

Aubrey

Tax Masters is nothing more than a theif who preys on people who feel they have no other choice...If there is anyone out there who can tell me how to deal with these complete incompetants please do tell me...

#420744

We gave them $5k and could not get in information from them until we finished with the paymnents. They had done nothing at all during that time, then they wanted $3k to talk to the IRS. We just starting talking to the IRS and they helped us out

TaxMasters should be audited and made responsible to repay monies they stole for work they never did, produced or provided: they are stealing from hard working tax paying citizens. What happen to genuine companies whom put the peoples concerns first.

txmstrs took 21,000 of my money, did nothing to solve my problem and when i called them they said i was due a refund. well a year later AND MANY UNANSWERED CALLS AND E MAILS.They said it takes 6 mod.

for a refund. Please stay away from them and contact 20/20 ABC NEWS because they know about the scam!

I hired TM and same day decided not to use them I have been waiting since April 2011 since I wanted a full refund the same day. I am still waiting

VOTE RON PAUL and let him wipe out the IRS so we dont have to deal with all this bullsh**!!!

We moved to the suburbs, bought a humble house that we could afford. My husband was laid off 3 years before retirement. We had to cash in his 401K. We were penalized for it but we needed it to pay the bills.When our taxes were due, they totaled it into our yearly salary.We were hit with 11,000 to pay to the IRS. (I hope Obama and the politicians have a lovely vacay)

We turned to tax masters to maybe lower the cost because of hardship issues, considering we make a lot less now than we did before my husband was laid off.(it took a year to get back on our feet) That was in the beginning of the summer. TM stalled, we couldn't get a settlement. We were willing to work with the IRS. We just needed to have a payment plan. We couldn't get a hold of them, UNTIL the IRS levied our account. No notice, nothing! We went to owing 11,000, to over 17,000 in penalty's. Our bank account is wiped out. Mortgage is due and it's right before Christmas. I have 3 children. We never got a notice that they were going to do this.

I am however blessed with a rich family that I was too proud to go to for money. Now I have to. Not everyone has that luxury. I also have contacts to a few lawyers that I will be calling for negligence on the TM part in screwing us over. It's bad enough the Government does it!!

Signed, Proud Tea Party American!

I had Taxmasters start my case and after about 5 months of my case being with them, my tax returns that were required to be done in order to get my garnishment released were still not done. I then started looking around for another company only to find complaints online for almost every single one. The other thing was that none of them were actually real law firms and I preferred that a lawyer handle my case instead of a cpa.

I finally found a company called Tax Resolution Professionals after searching around quite a bit. They were an actual real law firm and I was able to talk to an attorney for free before I had to pay them anything and I ended up paying them about 40% less than taxmasters. (I paid $3800 to taxmasters, I paid TRP $2250). Within one week of hiring TRP my garnishment was released. I was always able to get a hold of my lawyer Dan throughout the case and even if he was out of the office someone would always get back to me asap.

I would strongly recommend them calling them before you sign up with any other company. Their phone number is (888) 515-4829, and their website is www.taxresolutionprofessionals.com.

"Tom"

YOU are either completely confused, a tm plant or clueless (as in never read the entire post) on the subject of taxmasters.

I will educate you.

#1. It is totally irrelevant how people got into the mess they are in.

#2. The company "taxmasters" promotes and advertizes a product, the product descriptions given in media are many - in practice; after a consumer gives them their credit card or bank information for their first payment - taxmasters takes everything they can from your bank account, does nothing, and all claims described in media of the product (tax resolution with the IRS) never happen.

What would you call it?

I call it fraud and theft, apparently several State Attorney General's offices and the US Treasury Department feel the same way.... as investigations are still ongoing, and eventually this company will be brought in front of a Judge for criminal theft.

You "tom" can call it what you will.... facts are; when you offer in public a product,. sell the product to a citizen - then the citizen discovers you led them along just to get their money.... you go to prison.

If you "tom" are actually a tm employee - I sincerely hope you have the opportunity to enjoy a Federal paid vacation for a few years.

Obviously, those "pissed" consumers are the typical people who do not pay their taxes and then they want to blame someone when they get into a mess.

I've been dealing w/Taxmasters since 2008 and my debt just increases. I have done all they have asked but they keep wanting the same documents already submitted.

I also owe State tax and I'm not sure they even touched on that. I paid my fee upfront but all I have to show for it is information requests or money!

Well, I dont know anything about tax masters, but as a CPA, I ALWAYS get money up front before a tax rep engagement....

If people (the client) aren't going to pay the IRS & State their taxes, what makes you think the cpa or tax advisor will ever get PAID!!! :roll

after 2250 up front they say you need to just see the IRS we can't do nothing