This company charged me over 5,000 to negotiate taxes owed to the IRS. This fee also included amended 2006 taxes. This company missed the conf calll with IRS to negotiate taxes.

Everytime I called they had the automated system stating you had a 20 min wait. I would constantly email and call and never got returned calls until I threatened to have an attorney contact them, then management called.

They take advantage of people in vulnerable states and they are a rip-off and I am going to go to any extremes necessary to make sure the public knows they are not a reputable company.

I started this process last year, Oct/Nov 2007. Still have not gotten resolved with IRS. I get letters stating you missed this date, you have not submitted this form, etc. Taxmasters has the POW and is suppose to submit everything that I have submitted.

Don't use TaxMasters -- they are not masters, they're idiots.

Comments

WOW THIS IS SCARY! $5500 IS WHAT THEY GOT OUT OF ME!!

NOW THEY WONT RETURN CALLS,AND ACTUALLY MADE MY AUDIT WORSE EXTENDING IT TO 11 YEARS !!!

THEY PROMISED THEY WOULD HELP ME BUT NOW IM OUT 5500 AND NO PROGRESS. IM GONNA HAVE TO START OVER AND THE IRS HAS NO SYMPATHY AS WE ALL KNOW.

THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY DESPERATE AND IN TROUBLE. ALL THEY DO IS TURN YOU INTO THE IRS IN ORDER TO COMPLY...THE DONT NEGOTIATE A ##@ING THING

tax master is a scam!!!! scam me out of 3000!!! please keep me informed about a class action lawsuit!!!

Hired TM in Nov 2008 for audit. Signed POA and NOTHING was done. Been Playing phone tag with a Debbor Coleman one of their reps with zero results......I'm out $5,700.00 and pissed, count me in.....

email: law956ca@yahoo.com

Hello Everyone:

POTENTIAL CLASS ACTION:

I am trying to forward information to the attorney who is reviewing our potential Tax Masters class action suit. Please forward the following for our preliminary summary:

Name

Contact Information

Summary of Your Issue with Tax Masters

Amount Loss

Please forward this information to me at your earliest convenience in order for me to compile and forward to the attorney. I will keep you abreast of the status.

Pam Mitchell, Sr. Paralegal

(504) 234-5202

i was also taken advantage of by taxmasters!! $6500 dollars and they never even contacted the IRS, i had to deal with them myself.

count me in and i am working on getting the word out in STL for others who have been taken advantage by these people. email aldoalujr@gmail.com

I had to get a CPA in order to get out of my mess that TaxMaster caused. I would suggest you speak with some in your area for a reliable CPA.

Pam

Anyone know of an agency that will take over where Taxmasters has screwed up? It seams they have a staffing problem and can not file paperwork with the IRS on a Timely basis.

I need a representative that will be willing to their own kind. "tax Lawyers". We have benn dealing with Taxmasters for 3 years now only to see our IRS bills go higher and higher. The house is is jeopardy now and if wages are garnished I lose my job.

Something about a good employee clause. And I dont work for the government so I cant get off there.

Bottom line...Anyone know anyone that can clean up a Taxmasters FUBAR! I hope the class action will take care of our tax liability...I am ashamed to be a Texan with this comapny of crooks

If you would like to be added, Ms. Dot, please forward your email address to me (triplejassoc@aol.com).

Pam

My story is so long!! I contacted those thieves in March-about back taxes-being the *** I was - I gave them my credit card number-well I sent my papers to the CPA who does my taxes - said I should not have called them because most back tax issues are usually incorrect.

He figured my taxes, I got some money back.

I cancelled my service with Tax Masters, but they still took the $1500.00 from my credit card--I was treated rudly this morning again--I guess they don't care about anybody. I'm disabled and 73 years old but I do pay my bills-but they took advantage of me -- I feel so belittled for my *** mistake--they need to be sued to the hilt!!

I got you on the list, Calcole.

Pam

I been working with this company since August 2009, and resonded to to every correspondence, but they will not send me the taxes so I can file them. They have no problem taking money from me every two weeks.

PLEASE INCLUD ME ON ANY CLASS ACTION SUIT. CALCOLE9171@VERIZON.NET

Will do Jami. I'm sorry for your and your mom. Will include you on list.

Pam

:cry I hate these people. 6 thousand dollars bought a levy on my bank accounts as well as one of my mothers. She forgot to take of me off that account as a teenager, and now her account is levied as well.

lil.jami@gmail.com

please contact me about a class action lawsuit

I got your email in the list now, Evon. I will update everyone once I hear from the attorney.

Pam

I was also taken advantage of and would like to be apart of a class action lawsuit. Please email me some information evonmoore@yahoo.com

It is incredible on how these companies continue to scam people out of their money. I did not see all your commentaries on this company prior to signing with them.

I would definetely sign a petition to have this company out of business and stop stealing money from inocent/trusting people. I am in California; but trust me if I have the chance to come down to the Houston area they will find out what a mistake it is for them to mess with someone from the MARA SALVATRUCHA!!!!

I am comming after all of them very soon!!!!!!!!!

Anyone interested in the mass/class action, please make sure I have your email address to advise you of any updates.

Pam

I am so sorry to hear that, Terry. You are in the same category as the rest of us.

I spoke with one of the attorneys, and he's checking into it. He explained that the cost associated with representing everyone that has been taken advantage of by this company would probably not be advantageous for an attorney to take on, because in order to defend each of us specifically, we would need to have CPAs individually go through each of our cases, and you know the cost of CPA -- so we may have to come out of pocket with something.

He's still checking though, and I'm looking to see if there are any major firms that might possibly be able to fund the case wihout any fees up front from us -- but I don't know the outcome. If there's anyone else you all know of though, please let them know we're trying and just put their names on the list to me.

paid taxmaster4,000 over a year ago did 433 and all. last week irs place gov lean on my home and garnested all my check and basically made me with out a job.

and when i called them they said they needed me to send them ANOTHER 433.THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING AT ALL. COUNT ME IN ON YOUR CLASS ACTION

Will do Ron. Anyone else interested or know anyone that has been abused by Tax Masters "TM", feel free to forward my email addess: triplejassoc@aol.com.

I don't know the legal ramifications consistent with each person's case, i.e., time frame of service (something we call in legal terms "prescribed"), and things of that sort, but we can do our best. I see there are some other categories on this site for complaints on "TM" If someone can take our comments and post in those categories, we may be able to get a larger group. If we work together, we can make this happen.

Take care, I'll keep everyone abreast as I seek counsel. Pam