Tax Masters continued to draft a client's bank account after a letter required (by them)was written to terminate the relationship. No work was ever done by Tax Masters, and no power of attorney was given to TM by the client for TM to represent him. The client gladly paid the initial nonrefundable consultation fee by draft ($550.00), but then wrote and faxed a letter declining their services, as advised by an agent at their 800 number.

After many attempts to reach the company, they offered to "try to review the tapes" where they claim repeated drafts on the client's bank account would have been authorized, but absolutely refused to allow anyone representing the client to hear them. They insisted that the tapes were their property and only they had the right to review their contents.

Beware of any verbal agreement you make with this firm! A red flag is their fee ($3,800 in this case), which they determined with very little information on the work the client's tax problem would require. Indeed, the client hired an independent CPA who resolved it for a $250 fee. Tax Masters, to date, has happily taken $2,100 from the client's account for no services, and is determined to continue collecting the full amount.

Had an Experience with Tax Masters?

Comments

Joe mastriano, CPA

I've been warning people for years not to hire a company that is not a licensed professional firm.A law firm or CPA firm must answer to their state board.

Anyone looking to resolve their IRS issues should take the time to search for complaints.For valuable free info or to hire a licensed professional, visit www.taxproblem.org

Tax Problem

triplej***oc

Hello Everyone:

POTENTIAL CLASS ACTION:

I am trying to forward information to the attorney who is reviewing our potential Tax Masters class action suit. Please forward the following for our preliminary summary:

Name

Contact Information

Summary of Your Issue with Tax Masters

Amount Loss

Please forward this information to me at your earliest convenience (triplejassoc@aol.com) in order for me to compile and forward to the attorney. I will keep you abreast of the status.

Thanks,

Pam Mitchell, Sr. Paralegal

(504) 234-5202

Ex Employee

Get an attorney to call/write for a full refund with the threat to file a lawsuit in your county, you will get results. Good Luck